- Yonge-Dundas Square is located at one of Canada’s busiest intersections.
- The Yonge-Dundas Square influence area contains over 21, 000 residents. Each day over 860,000 people enter the influence area to work.
- Retailers employ over 14,000 people in over 3,800 retail outlets within the influence area.
- There are over 500 restaurants within walking distance.
- The Square is adjacent to the Toronto Eaton Centre, Canada’s busiest shopping centre and top tourist destination with over 52 million visitors annually.
- The Square is minutes from several major attractions including the CN Tower, Skydome, the Art Gallery of Ontario, the Royal Ontario Museum, the Elgin Theatre, the Canon Theatre, the Air Canada Centre, Ripley's Aquarium of Canada, the Princess of Wales Theatre, the Royal Alexandra Theatre, the Hummingbird Centre, the Hockey Hall of Fame and the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
- The Square is connected to the PATH, the world’s largest underground shopping complex with 27 km (16 miles) of shopping arcades.
- The Square has a direct entrance to Dundas Subway Station, is located on the Dundas Streetcar line and all night Yonge Street bus line. The Square is also situated atop a 250 spot parking garage.
- The Yonge-Dundas Square influence area contains the highest concentration of hotels within the GTA with a total of more than 10,000 rooms.
- Two major Universities are within the influence area – Ryerson and the University of Toronto with a combined full-time attendance of 56,000 students
Daily Intersection traffic
(source: City of Toronto, 2002)
55, 500 vehicles
Dundas Station Platform Usage Count
(source TTC, 2005)
Event Specific Attendance, 2009
Total Annual Venue Circulation
(source: Clear Channel Outdoor, 2003)
(source: Cadillac Fairview 2001 Intercept study – Toronto Eaton Centre)
- 60% female - 40 % male
- average age: 33
- average household income: $57, 500
- occupation: majority are professional, white collar workers
- expenditures in Eaton Centre each visit: $80